Client Claims Advisory
We at The Maritime Financial Group pride ourselves on prompt settlement of your claim. Once we receive all required documentation, and agree on a settlement figure, we promise to settle your claim within three (3) working days.
If you are not satisfied with our initial offer we invite you to write to our Claims Advisory Committee, which was set up to investigate queries or complaints you may have, review your case, and make a decision within a maximum of two months. Most cases will take no longer than one month. The Committee members are experienced personnel who are not involved in the initial claims settlement. All the relevant information is posted below.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Central Bank’s Financial Services Ombudsman. This office was set up as an alternative for dispute resolution to investigate and rule on insurance claims disputes for 1st party matters up to $500,000 and 3rd party motor claims up to $25,000.
The Claims Advisory Committee Contact Information
Please send email to both email addresses listed below
It is in your best interest, and also for our benefit, that you have an official record of your query or complaint. This is why we ask that you state your case in writing to the Advisory Committee. Forms are available at all our Client Service Centres, major Broker offices, via our Website, and from all our Financial Advisors.1. Complete the Complaint/Enquiry form within one week of our initial claim settlement. If you send the form via email or fax, we still need the original document within two (2) weeks’ time. Even after normal working hours, our offices have drop boxes and mailboxes that you can use all day, every day.
2. We will contact you within two (2) working days to confirm that we received your documents. If you do not hear from us within that time, you may get in touch with us at any of the numbers/addresses listed above.
3. The Committee reviews your case and informs you of its decision in writing. As we mentioned earlier, this will take no longer than two (2) months, most cases taking half that time. The Committee will keep you up-to-date on the status of your case at least once a fortnight.
4. Once you sign as agreeing to the Committee’s recommendation, Maritime will issue a cheque to you within three (3) working days.
5. If you are not satisfied, you may refer the matter in writing to the Financial Services Ombudsman.
1. You or a personal representative completes a Complaint form provided by the Financial Services Ombudsman and submits it directly to that office no later than one hundred and eighty (180) days from the date of our decision.
2. After the Ombudsman reviews your case and makes a recommendation, we both have four (4) weeks to accept the decision. Once you sign as agreeing, Maritime will issue a cheque to you within three (3) working days.
3. If your case is not settled within two (2) months of the Ombudsman’s recommendation (or within an extended period at his discretion), then we will both be notified of the Ombudsman’s intent to make an award.
4. You should know that:
• The Ombudsman may reject a complaint at any stage if it appears to him that the complaint is made without any sufficient cause or that it is not pursued by the Complaint with reasonable diligence.
• Where the Financial Services Ombudsman determines that it is more appropriate that the complaint be dealt with in a court of law, through an arbitration procedure or through any other dispute resolution process, the Financial Services Ombudsman may decline to deal with the complaint.